Friday, June 14, 2013

Read my lips...

...NO NEW BLOOD CLOTS

The ultrasound tech who delivered this information seemed like she is a lot more fun than George Bush so +1 for that. But the information is the important part. There were no new clots discovered in my right leg! Yay for clot-free veins! Yay for nice ultrasound techs! And, yay for me, just because!

The unfortunate part of this story is that something prompted this ultrasound. That means it is now storytime!!!!

***


Time is organized into decades, years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds. This particular story takes place in a time no so very long ago in a place not so very far away.

Ok. It took place in my office, specifically in my cube, which is decorated with a nice kitty painting urging me to "Hang in there!" (thank you Beano Gee!). There are other this-es  and that-s, but the BeanoCat is the centerpiece. No cube is complete without inspirational posters.

Sadly, my hang-in-there cat must have been napping on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 11th at approximately 3:00 PM EST.

I was *not* coming back from a smoke break. Really, what kind of pulmonary embolism survivor would I be if I started smoking after being discharged? I would be a stoop, that's what I would be. I actually frolicked in a field of sunflowers until my feet fell off and my 15 minute break was over.

And then I passed out.

I have never really fainted before. The couches designated for that purpose would make one believe that fainting is a delicate, womanly thing. It's not. I hit the floor with a THUD and have a fat lip. I am just grateful that I didn't piss myself. Now THAT would be something that I could never live down.






No comments:

Post a Comment