Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Fool, the Lovers and Death walk into a bar...

Eurydice visits the Oracle
Dear Diary,

I had a good day today! So many people told me that I looked nice (even a cute boy!) and two different people gave me presents! I went to dinner with my good friend who insisted on paying the check. Everything was perfect and I felt so loved! Oh, Diary, I am such a lucky girl. I hope I am always this lucky!


***

Valley Girl Annie may be onto something. 

***

Usually, my first thought upon waking is, "oh, good. I am alive." Then I think, "oh, shit. What if today is the day that the blood clot is going to finish what it started." After having this internal dialog and my customary pot of coffee, I am sufficiently anxious before I even start work. However, something felt different today. Yeah, the cat puked in the bathtub. And, yeah, I still had to take a breakfast-sized amount of medication. But for the first time since my diagnosis, my gross lunggunk was not the first thing that I thought about after my alarm jolted me from blissful nothingness. (Full disclosure: I did happen to have a pretty racy sex dream. And I did wake up smiling. So what? Don't judge me.)

"They" say to take one day at a time. I suppose "they" are pretty wise. 

However, I would be betraying myself if I wasn't questioning what is around the corner. Let's face it - I have bad luck. When I have a perfectly ok day, I feel like it is only a matter of time before the shitstorm blows onto my shores. 

My suspicious nature causes me to question everything. But, tonight, I will let myself bask in a day that is not at all tragic. I'm crossing my fingers for another racy dream and a day whose lowest point is cat vomit in between my toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment